- Juan is a professional shark and conservation photographer and videographer.
- Based in Hawaii, Juan grew up surfing the north shore. He took up diving as a means to heal his back after an accident left him temporarily paralyzed.
- Diving turned into a passion and Juan became a divemaster. He has travelled the world with SeaShepard to combat illegal fishing and whaling.
- His primary goal is to change the global perception of sharks and save their lives.
- Juan is one of the founders of One Ocean Research and Diving, Water Inspired Conservation Group and Save the Sea Turtles International Non Profit.