Our team comprises an uncommon blend of operational engineers, financial engineers and technology engineers, who really understand how to positively impact businesses
- Kevin is the founder of Arowana & Co and has successfully started, bought, built, fixed, scaled and sold businesses across a range of industries – including software, education, funds management, road infrastructure services and solar power.
- Kevin is also the founder & chair of the Octagon Foundation who has been a long-term supporter of World Vision and Mummy’s Wish an organisation supporting families from the distressing impact of cancer on mums.
- Kevin’s primary strategic and operational expertise includes the art of scaling up businesses (in particular navigating growing-pains issues and inflection points for enterprises experiencing exponential rates of growth) and leading companies through distressed and complex turnaround situations. His previous experience encompasses investment management (private equity and mezzanine credit), direct funds management (equities in Australia and Asia), fund of funds management (Asia and hedge funds), mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, litigation support and forensic accounting. Kevin has worked for LFG, J.P. Morgan, PWC and Deloitte.
- A global citizen, Kevin has lived and done business in Australasia, Southeast Asia, the United States and the United Kingdom. He currently divides his time between the United Kingdom, South East Asia and Australia. Kevin holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of New South Wales where he was part of the inaugural cohort of CoOp Scholars in the School of Banking and Finance. He is also a qualified Chartered Accountant (Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand) and a Fellow of FINSIA (the Financial Services Institute of Australasia) where he lectured Master’s subjects including Advanced Industrial Equities Analysis and Corporate Finance.
- Shimi has been involved with impact investing and the social economy for a decade. Her roles have included, establishing the $70m KawiSafi Ventures Fund for Acumen Group, that focuses on off grid Energy in East Africa, scaling up Bboxx Ltd, from a start up to a company that has raised $80m from bluechip investors including Mitsubishi, and establishing a mentoring programs that has benefitted many women to start their own businesses.
- Shimi focuses on building value added boards for private equity groups, sovereign wealth funds, family offices and government DFIs. She has worked with Green Climate Fund, Abu Dhabi Investment Council, NorFund, DOEN, CDC, and many other government and private institutions.
- Shimi is currently the Chair of Impact Holdings (Mauritius S. A.) Limited which is the joint venture between Actis and Improvon. Improvon is Africa’s largest industrial and commercial development and investment company with over $500m in assets.
- Shimi established the Partnerships UK PLC equity business and is responsible for all of its investment activities, building the fund from $70m as a PPP, and taking it private with over $250m by the time she exited. She was previously CIO of Hanson Capital Investments and Hanson Internet Partners and started her venture capital at 3i plc where she was part of the team that began 3i’s technology investment arm.
- With a Bachelor of Science degree in Management from King’s College, London and a Master of Philosophy in Management Studies from Queens’ College, Cambridge, Shimi’s main focus today is on start-ups and small-to-medium enterprises with a specialism in impact investing and social capital companies in Europe, the UAE and the United States. She’s also interested in angel networks and advises early-stage investors on how to maximise value from their portfolios.
- Terry has over 27 years of experience in corporate responsibility; social innovation; impact investing; establishing family offices; and family business governance advisory.
- Terry was the Chief Development Officer for Nanyang Technological University leading a team focused on the development of the University. While in Singapore, he managed and ran the Family Office Services for DBS Bank where he lead a team advisors focused on advising family businesses with their governance, philanthropy, and structuring.
- Terry was also CEO of Unitus Capital which is the largest social investment bank in Asia located in India. Before Unitus, Terry launched and headed UBS’s Private Bank Philanthropy Services for Asia-Pacific and Meespierson Private bank in Singapore.
- Benn championed Arowana’s B-Corp Certification, a process that took 15months.
- With over 15 years experience in wealth management and investment markets, he began his career at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia as an Investment Advisor. He then moved to UBS Wealth Management, where he was a Director and Investment Advisor.
- Benn holds a Bachelor of Economics degree from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance & Investments from the Securities Institute of Australia (now FINSIA).